“I butcher victims in less than two minutes” – Boko Haram Chief butcher explains

THE arrested Chief Butcher of the Boko Haram sect, Zakari Mohammed Ardo, yesterday, gave a bizarre description of how the terrorist group used to slaughter people they capture, saying it only takes him two minutes to butcher victims and enemies condemned to death.

Ardo, who had been reported in some media as having escaped from Police custody, said the group’s butchering committee was made up of five persons of which he is the chairman, pointing out that the other members will hold down the already tired victim while he cuts off the head.

READ ALSO:  Five dies after eating dog meat in Cross River

Speaking through an interpreter in Kanuri, the ‘Chief Butcher’ who claims to be 30 years old and from Darazo Local Government Area of Bauchi State, said: “I joined the Boko Haram group two years ago. Before I was arrested, I have slaughtered five people.”

Police parade suspect, debunk rumour of his escape Briefing newsmen on why self acclaimed “butcher” of the Boko Haram sect was paraded, Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Frank Mba, said the Police were using the opportunity to debunk his reported escape from custody.

“For the past few days, there has been very strong rumours that the suspect escaped from custody, it is primarily in response to that, that we have decided to bring him out to interact with you in the best culture of transparency of policing operations.

READ ALSO:  Nigeria Police uncovers plot to bomb abuja

“The suspect, as a high profile member of the insurgent group, was being investigated to extract some information that would be relevant in the fight against terror, hence his detention in an unknown Police facility was of utmost importance to the force.

“The Police had informed the media of the arrest of the ‘chief butcher’ last month and taken into custody on July 12, while he was fleeing from Bauchi at the Balmo forest camp of the group.

READ ALSO:  Fuel Scarcity: Okada Rider in court for stealing police fuel

“He was said to have actively participated and was linked with
the slaughter of seven people including women and children,” Mba said.