Officials have ruled the shocking death of child star, Skye McCole Bartusiak, an accidental overdose.
Bartusiak’s mother, Helen, told CNN that her daughter had been suffering from epileptic seizures before her death.
Skye McCole, found fame as Mel Gibson’s daughter in The Patriot. She died in her sleep at her Texas home in July. She was 21.
A source at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said “The exact cause of death is an accident due to the combined effects of hydrocodone and difluoroethane with carisoprodol,” .
Hydrocodone is found in pain killers, carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant and difluroethane is an inhalant found in household products that can be used to get high, according to the National Institutes of Health.
“She was a kind and really beautiful girl,” she said. “This girl has lived such an amazing life.”