FG not behind Buhari’s convoy attack – NSA

Contrary to the claims by some individuals, the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) on Thursday said the Federal Government was not behind last week’s attack on the
convoy of a former military leader, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

He said as far back as February, leader of the Boko Haram sect,
Shekau, had threatened Buhari and some others, calling them
infidels that must be dealt with.
Dasuki spoke while fielding questions from State House
correspondents after the Council of State meeting during which
the issue of the attack on Buhari came up for discussion.
He said, “We said something about the attack on Buhari and
Sheik Dahiru Bauchi.

READ ALSO:  Rivers Police arrest 10-year-old boy for witchcraft

“There was a threat as far back as February this year issued by
Shekau calling them infidels by names and positions saying that
they were in trouble and they were going to see.

“Well, the government was not responsible, and if you say that
the government was responsible in the case of General Buhari,
why don’t you say the same in the case of Sheik Dahiru Bauchi?
“We said it not because we had facts but because it is what sells
the paper. That is the most unfortunate thing. And we want to
say that it was not only General Buhari, there were others
mentioned too.”

On the fears that the Boko Haram sect might have started
turning the schoolgirls abducted from Chibok, Borno State to
female suicide bombers, Dasuki said the government did not
have control over the girls when still in captivity.

READ ALSO:  Woman Saved After Sending Text Message From Her Kidnapper's Phone

He however said when they are released, government would put
in place a reorientation programme for them before they would
reunite with their parents.
He said, “What really can anybody do? The Chibok girls who are
in captivity are not under Federal Government’s control.

“The only thing we do is to try and address those who are
outside. There is already a programme we will put them
through if they are released today to make sure that if there is
any indoctrination, we will try and reduce the intensity.

READ ALSO:  Aregbesola's education policy lacks focus and human face - fatai Akinbade

“That is all we can do before they go back to normal life. We
can’t do anything to stop them from being indoctrinated.
“The girls who are doing these things are not by any means
indoctrinated. That is not what we have as at now.”