3 Dead As Stored Petrol At Home Explodes

It was not such a  good night at Somolu  Oja area of Lagos state on April 5 , 2016 as a father and two of his daughters died in a petrol explosion.

The victims identified as Shabi and his daughters, 18-year-old Mistura and 16-year-old Adura, were reportedly burnt to death following the explosion in their home.

READ MORE6 things to know before touring West Africa by road–Nkem Ndem

READ ALSO:  Photos Of President Buhari At Niger Today

The reports reveal the explosion had been caused by after some Jerry cans of petroleum products which had been stored at their home located in 5 Adebiyi Street, Somolu Oja in Lagos.

In a related development, a grandfather was burnt to death after his grandchild lit a candle and went out to play at their home 48 Oyedele Street, off Liasu Road, Egbe , in Ikotun area of Lagos. The candle fell and ignited a fire which consumed the apartment and the old man

READ ALSO:  5 Steps To Becoming An Effective Networker By Ife Tokan

However, The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, revealed that the petrol had been stored close to the kitchen where the family cooked their meal.